Last month we told you about a special competition we’re running for the entire month of October. We’re giving away a meal for two .. FREE! All you need to do is create a post to social media channels, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag tag #LOVEPACIFICA .. to win.. Remember you have ...
Read more →
Read more →
Last month we told you about a special competition we’re running for the entire month of October.
We’re giving away a meal for two .. FREE!
All you need to do is create a post to social media channels, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram using the hashtag tag #LOVEPACIFICA .. to win.. Remember you have to be in it to win it.
But there is another way that you can personally feel like you’ve won when you next visit Pacifica Cantonese.
You see my parents are from the cosmopolitan city of Hong Kong where Asia meets Europe. It’s here that 98% of the people are Cantonese.. and it’s also here where we get Cantonese etiquette.
By way of example did you know that ..
- Tea is the customary beverage for all occasions. It is considered impolite to fill your teacup first; fill the teacups of everyone at easy reach first, even if their cups are not empty. Leave your cup full if you are finished. Place teapot lid upside down (or open if attached) to signal the waiter for more tea.
- Rice is served as a filler. Do not eat large amounts, which implies the host has not served enough food.
- Oranges or other fruits are served to signal the end of the meal. Leave soon after the meal ends.
- Table manners are rather relaxed in Hong Kong, although there are certain rules of etiquette. When in doubt, watch what others do and emulate their behaviour.
- Wait to be told where to sit. There is often a seating plan.
- Wait for the host to tell you to start eating or for him to begin eating.
- You should try everything.
- Never eat the last piece from the serving tray.
- Always refuse a second serving at least once if you don’t want to appear gluttonous.
- Leave some food in your bowl when you have finished eating as An empty bowl implies the host did not feed you well enough.
- The host offers the first toast. You may reciprocate later in the meal.
Here at Pacifica Cantonese we just want you to #LOVEPACIFICA for all your reasons such as the great food and the relaxed atmosphere.
I do hope we see you very soon. Remember you can book using the link here or by calling us on 0161 707 8828